Saturday, January 17, 2015

Begin Again

I have begun to study the Book of Mormon again. I do not know how many times I have studied this book. Many, many times. Yet, each time I study I learn something. I read the same chapters and verses again and again and my testimony grows. The stories have become very familiar to me. And I still learn something from them.

For example, as I studied the first couple chapters of 1 Nephi I thought of what Lehi  must have been thinking and feeling. Was he worried about how he would provide for his family as they journeyed in the wilderness? Did he hope this would help his sons, Laman and Lemuel, seek after the Lord and become strong priesthood holders? Was it difficult to leave his home and Jerusalem? Did he wish he could remain and continue preaching in the hopes some soul would repent and come unto Christ?

I do not know the answers to these questions. But I do know Lehi obeyed the command of the Lord. He had many afflictions on his journey. But he continued on and received a great reward. He received visions and lived to see his family to the promised land. All this adds to my determination to follow the inspiration I receive. I do not know all the blessings the Lord wants to bless me with. I can not imagine. Nor, I expect, could Lehi envision how blessed he would be. However, moving forward, trusting in the Lord will bring happiness. It will also bring growth and greater understanding. I will move forward and trust the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Whitney, nice blog! I liked your statement "moving forward, trusting in the Lord will bring happiness." It really is in the moving of our feet that the Lord can guide our steps! - Bro. Larson

    ReplyDelete