Saturday, March 28, 2015

Reclaimed

This past week I have thought a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I've pondered how I use it in my life. I've thought about how I should be using it and begun to do so. Learning about the Atonement is one of my very favorite things. It's simple enough for a child to understand the basics of it, yet at the same time something we can all continue to learn about. Which is what happened this past week.

I watched a Mormon Message entitled, "Reclaimed." We are taught in this video that when the Lord forgives us of our sins we do not need to go back, and indeed should not return to dig up the past. As we repent the Lord polishes us into something more beautiful. In the video Elder Bowen tells of a beautiful park that used to be a landfill. He gives an explanation that is wonderful and I invite you to watch it. However, what I learned is that Jesus Christ makes my mistakes and sins into something beautiful and useful. If I continually beat myself up about the past then I am not allowing Him and the power of his atonement to take affect in my life. When Christ says he has forgiven me I need to believe him. I must let him mold me into something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment