Saturday, March 3, 2012

"I Know in Whom I Have Trusted"

Recently we have had many people tell us that we need to check our resources. That perhaps we may have been lead astray and we're deceived. They loving express their concern and tell us to read the Bible and take a closer look at what it says. They'll often ask questions that are obscure or are searching for physical proof that what we believe and teach is true. And not something invented or changed by man.

With every encounter my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ, is strengthened. My testimony of answered prayers and of personal and modern revelation becomes more firm. I know without doubt that I have received answers to my prayers. I know without doubt that I am a beloved and precious daughter of God. I know He loves me and hears my prayers. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know we have a living prophet leading and guiding us today. I know that if we seek our Heavenly Father in prayer He will answer. Prayer is real. Personal revelation is real. We can receive answers to the those questions we so desire to know the answers to. And it's only through seeking our Heavenly Father in prayer.

We don't need to question or wonder if what we see, hear, or read is true. We don't have to wander in darkness. We can ask God what is true and what is of Him. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." (http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/james/1?lang=eng) All you need to do is ask. He will answer you. I know this promise is true. I have asked. I have received answers. And I, like Nephi (a prophet in the Book of Mormon,) can say, "I know in whom I have trusted." (http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/4?lang=eng) I trust God.

I invite you to ask God, your Heavenly Father, if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. If we have a living prophet. If Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he restored the gospel of Jesus Christ once again on the earth in its fullness. I invite you to read from and pray about the Book of Mormon. I testify that these things are true. And I do so in the name of Jesus Christ and as His representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment