Sunday, March 18, 2012

There is Hope

In the past few days and weeks I have thought about enduring to the end. It seems rather daunting. Especially when I realize all my weaknesses and what i need to become before I'm prepared to stand in the presence of God. Believe me there is a whole lot. My list is about six pages long. And it's not complete. I'm sure as time progresses more will be added to that list.

But even with that I have hope. Even though I can see my weaknesses and the life ahead of me, everything yet to accomplish, I have found peace and hope. And it has come through the scriptures, words from latter-day prophets, and prayer. As I said in my last entry, I know in whom I have trusted. My confidence is in my Heavenly Father and the great plan of happiness he has for me. my goal is eternal life; to live with Heavenly Father and my family for eternity.

In True to the Faith it says under Eternal Life:

"As you ponder your progress on the “strait and narrow path,” be assured that eternal life is within your reach. The Lord wants you to return to Him, and He will never require anything of you that you cannot fulfill. All His commandments are calculated to promote your happiness. When you exercise faith and serve Him with all your might, He gives you strength and provides a way for you to do whatever He commands you (see 1 Nephi 3:7). Remember that as you give your greatest effort and repent of your sins, the Atonement of Jesus Christ will compensate for your weakness and for the inequities, injuries, and pains you experience in this life: “We know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do” (2 Nephi 25:23).
I love this. As long as we are on the path we are promised that we can obtain eternal life. The Lord wants us to return to Him. He will help us. He gives us the strength to go on. But only if we turn to Him and we're obedient to what He asks us to do.

I particularly like what it says in the middle of the paragraph. "All His commandments are calculated to promote your happiness." To me that means that if we're obedient to what He has commanded we will be happy. I know this is true. I'm grateful for this life that I have to learn and grow. I'm grateful that I know I can obtain eternal life. This assurance brings me joy. My joy is full because I know I can have eternal life.

True to the Faith:
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&sourceId=aa8b991a83d20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=7b2a5f74db46c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

No comments:

Post a Comment